Here are 10 things about me that you probably don’t know. Some of these things only my closest friends know. Like #4. Hmmm. May be I should rethink this. Too late! Here they are!
- I was born in New Jersey but don’t have a Jersey “twang” if you know what I mean.
- I grew up in the Northeast.
- My father was a photographer who did his own developing. I thought he was a magician. Really!
- I used to be a professional clown. Yep, you read that right. Shhh!
- I have three children and seven grandchildren. Surprise!
- I used to be an heirloom seamstress — true heirloom that is — all natural threads, fabrics, and laces. No serger used. Just authentic French sewing that can be handed down from generation to generation. Okay. Okay. So I used a computerized sewing machine instead of hand sewing, but that’s the only difference. Don’t get me started on the fake “heirloom” stuff made of polyester threads, fabrics, and laces that’s being sold today. Grrr. One of my favorite places to shop was Maratha Pullen’s Heirloom Sewing for Children. I haven’t done any heirloom sewing in years. I’ve been so involved with photography. But it still has a place in my heart.
- I’ve proofread books professionally. I still do this occasionally but am highly selective about the clients/works I accept.
- I used to teach Phys Ed in a private school. Yep! Yep! Yep! THAT was FUN!
- I teach English language arts to grades 6 through 12. I keep saying I’m going to retire from this and go into blogging/photography full time, but I can’t imagine life without my students. I can do both!
- I absolutely LOVE McDonald’s Oreo Frappes! But that doesn’t mean I drink them all the time. My eating preference is plant based, so that eliminates those little trappers.
Well, there you have it, friends! Ten things about me you probably didn’t know before you read this post. Now we’re best buds!
Okay, I’ve revealed some goodies here. Your turn! Tell us at least one thing about you that would probably surprise us. 🙂